Scholastic Journalism Week is Feb. 19-23, 2024

Scholastic Journalism Week 2024
“Here to Stay”
#SJW2024, #HeretoStay, #NewVoices, #JEA100
Feb. 19-23, 2024

The Journalism Education Association has scheduled Scholastic Journalism Week for Feb. 19-23, 2024. Apply to be featured on the JEA Twitter during Scholastic Journalism Week. We also will email a certificate your school administrators with props and kudos to the great work you are doing.

This year’s theme is “Here to Stay.”

For 100 years, JEA’s mission has been to support free and responsible scholastic journalism by providing resources and educational opportunities for students and advisers across the country. Although numerous things have changed since 1924, the goal has remained. From newspapers and yearbooks to podcasts and New Voices, JEA has spent a century celebrating students and advisers who have created exceptional journalism and pushed the importance of scholastic journalism from inside and outside their classrooms. This week, we are going to celebrate all things JEA, your adviser, your program, your classroom and your peers.

Daily themes and lessons

Open the Google Doc lessons below and “make a copy” to save the file for future use and make adjustments for your classroom.

Monday, Feb. 19 — First Amendment

Tuesday, Feb. 20 — Journalism then

Wednesday, Feb. 21 — Journalism now

Thursday, Feb. 22 — Student Press Freedom Day

Friday, Feb. 23 — Journalism next

Throughout the week, and throughout the year, we ask that you use the hashtags #SJW2024 and #HeretoStay when you share works of journalism from your staff, reminding your community of the importance of scholastic journalism. You can do this on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.